Traveling is a wonderful experience, but it can also be stressful. When traveling, it's important to take care of yourself so that your body and mind stay healthy. That means practicing self-care before, during, and after your trip. Here are some of our best tips on how to practice self-care for the traveling soul!
Planning for vacations can be the most stressful part. Be sure to take much-needed breaks during your planning time, and don't fall behind on your self-care. Here are some tips from our travel experts to help reduce that stress and set yourself up for constant self-care during your entire trip.
- Nobody needs that added stress from rushing to pack last minute. Studies have shown that the earlier you start packing, the less likely you will forget something important! Create a packing list a few weeks beforehand and begin gathering the items on your list early. Ensure that you've noted which items on your list are absolute essentials.
- If you're someone who wants to avoid crowds and delays as much as possible, and you don't mind early mornings, consider booking an earlier flight. The first flight of the day for popular destinations tends to be the least-booked, meaning fewer crowds and delays. Airports are also typically less busy during the mornings, meaning quicker check-ins and TSA checks.
- Travel with the guidance of a trusted travel advisor so you have no need to stress or worry before (or during) your trip. Schedule your complimentary call today and we'll expertly craft your getaway based on your dream vision. You will be able to count on us to answer all of your questions and provide you with detailed entry requirements before you depart. The added bonus of traveling with a travel advisor is that our support does not end once your reservations are booked. Since you'll have our personal phone number, we'll also handle any unexpected happenings or questions you have during your trip, too!
- One of the most important self-care tips on this whole list is getting enough sleep. Your body simply doesn't function as well without it. For many of us, the night before a flight means little rest as you lie in bed going over everything you may have possibly missed for your trip. Getting enough sleep before your flight is crucial, so grab some of that sleepytime tea, calm your brain with a book or a warm bath, and try your best to get that full night's sleep.
Traveling by plane can cause many people anxiety, so we've created this next list of some airplane self-care tips that always help us relax before and during the flight.
- Invest in a noise-canceling headset or earphones to block out airplane noises. Nothing ruins a flight more than unwanted noise, especially when seated by noisy neighbors or even noisy plane parts, like the engines or the bathrooms.
- If you have an early morning or late-night flight, or you just want to nap so that the time goes faster, then bring an eye mask with you to help block out any light.
- Before your flight, plan some downtime in the airport to take a bit of time for yourself - have a cup of tea, go for a walk around the airport, or take some deep breaths before boarding your flight.
- Be mindful of what you're eating and drinking while on your flight. Staying hydrated and avoiding sugary snacks can help your body adjust to the altitude change and lower the oxygen levels you experience during flights.
- Wear comfortable clothes that are easy to move around in - comfort is the number one self-care tip for a flight. The more comfortable you feel, the easier time you'll have in keeping your anxiety to a minimum.
Enjoying Your Trip
No matter the amount of preparation you've done for your trip, there will always be something that doesn't go to plan. Do your best to adjust to any mishaps with an open mind and realize that relaxation and enjoyment are always the primary focus. Here are our last bit of tips to help you keep up with your self-care routines during your trip.
- One of the most essential things for vacationing is to not throw off your regular schedule too much. Suppose you try to change this too much. In that case, you'll spend valuable vacation time feeling off because your body is trying to adjust to something new too quickly. If you usually wake up early for work, try to plan morning activities so that you're sticking to that schedule and lessening any need for adjustment during or after your vacation.
- Schedule downtime into your itinerary. If you're big on activities during your trips, be sure to schedule some downtime between high-energy excursions. Give your body time to rest, relax, and enjoy your time away from the norm. Book a spa, treat yourself to a luxury dinner, spend an extra hour in your hotel room, etc.
- Turn phone notifications off during the day. Enjoy your time, don't let yourself get buried in social media or work correspondences. Do your best to only check messages and social media during your downtime at your hotel.
- Bonus tip! Chat to locals and ask them their favorite things to do or places to eat in the area. Usually, the best finds are the ones most hidden that only the locals know about. Because what is self-care if not giving yourself the best of the best?
Whether you're traveling for business or pleasure, the tips in this article will help you stay healthy and happy. Whether your trip is near or far, these self-care tips are sure to keep you feeling great while away from home. Have fun and be safe. Happy traveling!
Where are you dreaming of traveling to? For the ultimate stress-free travel experience, be sure to schedule your complimentary consultation call with us to get personalized expert support when planning your next getaway.
About Bermudaful Travel & Beyond, your go-to luxury adventure travel agency. We customize your journey based on your personal interests, hobbies, tastes, and thresholds for adventure. Our goal is your utmost experience, truly allowing you to immerse yourself in the colorful culture of the country to give you more than just a vacation – we help you build vivid memories to last a lifetime! Recent world events have really demonstrated the value of having a competent travel advisor in your corner. When you dial our number, you will speak to a real person. When you email us, you won’t get a computer-generated response. We are always available for our clients. Our primary goal is to design the best journey and experience for you!